Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Birthday


Its my birthday in an hours' time. Strangely enough, I don't feel much excitement at all. Last year, I dared not hope because I knew everybody would be busy. Dared not hope. This year, there isn't any disappointment or whatsoever. Maybe I'm too tired to care.

I'm already so used to living college life somewhat alone. Not say alone, but having a tiny social circle. Also because I'm so busy myself, its not difficult to understand how people will forget. I forget birthdays from being too preoccupied with my own life too.


In the past, I didn't tell others beforehand about my birthday because I was afraid they'd think I'm thick-skinned or something.
Now, I don't tell others because I want to know who remembers despite their busy/stressful schedules. Piles of presents won't mean more than knowing who at least bothers to exercise their fingers to type a message.

In the past, I secretly hoped for piles of presents.
When I got a pouch from my cousin that day, I felt surprised. I like that element of surprise from expecting nothing.



I guess it'll mean I'll appreciate small somethings more than ever :)


I'm going to be eighteen and people have parties and all.
I don't have a secretly longing for a party, from the bottom of my heart. Because I don't see how it can be a blast.


Besides, celebrating my eighteenth birthday just like any other day in school shouldn't be "boring". I mean, what's the point in having an exciting birthday every year? You won't even remember which photo belongs to which year.

My life's all about school now, that's how I should celebrate it.

No comments: